Friday 13 January 2012

Back into Chile

I re-entered Chile on another bus/boat trip from Bariloche, this time a much more popular route. But once again very hazy and just as I hoped it would be clear as we headed west it became cloudy and rainy. The second part we did at least get some indication of the views as we made for the small town of Puerto Varas where I had a brief overnight stop.

Then on to Chiloe, a large island in the south of Chile, linked by a very frequent ferry (about every 10 minutes). I spent a couple of nights in a relaxing eco-hostel where I did a couple of nice walks including seeing some Magellan Penguins quite close up.



Then back to Santiago for a day to chill out; I walked up a hill in the Metropolitan Park to a great open air swimming pool, 90m long. The next day, Friday, I am on my way to Easter Island so a four hour flight gives me a chance to update the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment